Why hello there! The Holidays are in full swing and you are busy! With all that you are doing and preparing you must not forget about the Guest Room. It doesn't matter who is coming over, what matters is that you take some time to prepare your Guest Room. Get your Guest Room prepared for you guest so that they feel like they are welcome and they feel comfortable.
I got you covered with my Top 8 Must Haves for your Guest Room...
1. The room must be clean, the linens and towels must be newly laundered, and don't forget to put fresh flowers or a live plant in the room.
2. Every guest room needs a bed but don't forget about a desk, a side table, a sofa or chair, or chaise. If the room is tight a chair will suffice but if you have a bigger space use a sofa.
3. This is usually forgotten but don't. Your guest room should have a television or some type of stereo at least. Guest feel much more relaxed having something they are used to having at home and for most that is a television.
4. Mirrors, mirrors, mirrors, ---did I say Mirrors? Yes, don't forget about the mirrors. I recommend at least two in a guest room. A full-length mirror and a mirror over a dresser or placed in the room so one can see at least their face and upper body in it.
5. Good Lighting. If you don't have overhead lighting in the room make sure you have enough lamps in the room that not only give ambient lighting but also give enough light to read, get dressed, and put makeup on. The more the better.
6. Have on hand extra towels, linens, pillows, blankets, and toiletries. Create a beautiful display in the guest bathroom for your guests.
7. A bed tray to hold their books, coffee/tea, and reading glasses. This is also a great decor item to have displayed on the bed when they enter. This is also a great spot to have a box of tissue for them too.
8. Have a Closet that they can use to hang any items and have a Steamer and/or Iron for their use. You should also have either on a back or a door or an open wall space some hooks for bath ropes on them for their use. (make sure they smell delicious)
I wish all you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I can't believe another year is coming to an end.
Embrace Your Design Style,
Dina Marie Joy